Foodstuffs aims to protect your privacy as a customer and a user of PAK’nSAVE Online. It is our goal to provide you services and information tailored to your individual needs while complying with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1993 (Privacy Act).
PAK’nSAVE Online is intended for use by people located in New Zealand and is not intended for use by anyone located outside New Zealand.
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND YOUR PRIVACY
1.1 From time to time Foodstuffs may need to obtain personal information from you in the course of providing some of the services or content of PAK’nSAVE Online to you. Personal information is any information about you that identifies you, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
2. WHAT INFORMATION MIGHT WE COLLECT?
2.1 You must register with PAK’nSAVE to use PAK’nSAVE Online and search for and buy Groceries. You can complete this PAK’nSAVE registration by registering online as an PAK’nSAVE Online customer. To register as an PAK’nSAVE Online customer, you will need to provide us with certain personal information, which may include your name, postal address, email address, phone number and other requested information.
2.2 In addition, in the course of using PAK’nSAVE Online once registered, we may collect various other information from you, including demographic information (e.g. age, gender), mobile location data, order information (e.g. your preferences, purchases and returns history) and other information that we request.
2.3 If you do not provide us with some of this information then you may not be able to access some or all of the services available through PAK’nSAVE Online.
3. WHY PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED BY FOODSTUFFS
3.1 Foodstuffs collects personal information from you in the course of providing some of the services or content on PAK’nSAVE Online to you.
3.2 By registering to use PAK’nSAVE Online, you agree that Foodstuffs may collect, store and use any of your personal information including to do any of the following:
- allow you to access and view your username or password for PAK’nSAVE Online;
- assist in providing services you request from PAK’nSAVE Online;
- contact you about your use of PAK’nSAVE Online and any order you have placed;
- process and deliver your order or make your order available for collection;
- identify and determine the benefits, offers or promotions that may be of interest to you, your family or household based on what you like to buy;
- provide you (or allow a third party to provide you) via email, online or post with details of special offers, discounts, prize draws, loyalty programmes, competitions and information about
- products or services offered by PAK’nSAVE or other brands that may be of interest to you, your family or household;
- help you complete any application by you to join Foodstuffs’ loyalty programmes relevant to PAK'nSAVE;
- conduct research related to your supermarket shopping;
- use your personal information for other Foodstuffs marketing and promotional purposes;
- take actions required to keep your information secure;
- enhance your overall shopping experience at PAK’nSAVE or PAK’nSAVE Online;
- undertake data analytics, insights or data mining (including the anonymisation or aggregation of your personal information with other data to identify patterns and trends, and use the full benefit of that analysis); and
- such other purposes we make known to you at the time of collection.
In doing so, your personal information may be combined with other personal information held by Foodstuffs, our partners and service providers.
Where possible, Foodstuffs will collect your personal information directly from you.
4. DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE ELSE?
By registering to use PAK’nSAVE Online, you agree that Foodstuffs may disclose your personal information for any of the purposes listed in the above section to:
- a Foodstuffs entity and its staff;
- a franchisee of a Foodstuffs Co-operative;
- any relevant third party that offers goods or services that we think may be of interest to you (for example, fuel providers);
- a person outside of Foodstuffs who is contracted to us (or a Foodstuffs Co-operative) to provide a particular service on our behalf; and
- to third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
You consent to the disclosure of your personal information to the parties listed above.
To process your payments for Groceries through PAK’nSAVE Online, your personal information relating to credit or debit card payments will be processed by our appointed payment provider who may hold those details.
5. COOKIES AND TRACKING
By using PAK’nSAVE Online you consent to the storing and accessing of cookies or other information on your device in connection with your use of PAK’nSAVE Online.
6. ANALYSIS TOOLS
We use various app, web and/or email analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics) to collect information through PAK’nSAVE Online (e.g. the number of visitors per day or the average amount of time spent on PAK’nSAVE Online). Emails we send to you may also include a code that measures or determine what you do when you receive it and whether you respond. The information we collect through the use of such analytics tools is anonymous and is not personal to you. Further information about Google Analytics and the way in which it collects and uses data can be found at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
7. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Security of personal information is important to us and we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, you acknowledge that security of the transmission of data over the internet can never be guaranteed. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Foodstuffs will not be liable for any direct or indirect damage or loss if any third party gains unauthorised access to your information.
8. ACCESSING, CORRECTING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information will be held by Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited or Foodstuffs North Island Limited at Roma Road, Auckland 1440, by Foodstuffs South Limited at Main North Road in Christchurch, and/or by one or more of Foodstuffs’ trusted data service providers. Under the Privacy Act you have the right to access your personal information that we hold, and to have that information corrected and/or updated. You may be able to update some of your PAK’nSAVE Online details online. To otherwise access, correct or update information we hold about you please contact our Customer Support Centre on 0800 PAKNSAVE (0800 725 672). We will rely on the information that you have provided us so please ensure that information is accurate and kept up-to-date.
If you find that information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us immediately and we will correct it. Our contact details are above.